Situated on 13.5 wooded acres in northern Allegheny County, the beautifully landscaped grounds include walking paths, decorative gardens, and peaceful shaded lawns.
Adjacent to HarmarVillage is Amber Woods, a licensed Personal Care Center, which is home to up to 133 residents and has a designated Center for Memory Impaired.
HarmarVillage Care Center also features:
- A Restorative Program, which offers retraining in daily activities such as ambulation and social dining
- An Activities Program, which works to bring each resident to his or her highest level of function
- A Social Services Program, which serves the resident as well as family and friends
Each resident has an attending physician of their choice. A broad range of specialists including podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, audiologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists are available to provide other treatment as medically necessary. Other staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- A Physician Extender
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists (providing PT, OT and SLT)
- Dietary Technician and Consulting Dietitian
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance Staff
- Administrative Staff (Admissions, Social Services, Case Management, and Business Office)
- Recreational Therapists and Activities Staff
How Can Someone Be Admitted to HarmarVillage Care Center?
Many of our residents come to our facility directly after a hospital stay. If the attending physician determines that a resident is ready for release, but needs further care before returning home, he or she will inform the social worker at the hospital. The social worker will then present the resident and his or her family with a list of appropriate licensed facilities in the area. If the resident chooses HarmarVillage Care Center, a referral assessment is done to determine whether skilled nursing is the appropriate level of care.
In other cases, a family member who is concerned about a loved one's health seeks out such care.